It’s that time again! The next Commodore Computer Club meeting will be Friday, August 5, 2011 from 6:00 pm PST until 12:00 am PST.
Typically Commodore friends, enthusiasts, hackers, club members and guests from the Portland, OR metro area show up between 6:30 pm – 7:00 pm PST.
Our monthly Commodore club meetings take place at Pied Piper Pizza in Vancouver, WA which is about a 30 minute drive from downtown PDX – Portland, Oregon:
Pied Piper Pizza – 12300 NE Fourth Plain Rd. – Vancouver, WA 98682 – Get directions
Once inside Pied Piper Pizza, head straight back past the dart boards to the private banquet room #3. Look for Commodore computers. If you can’t find it, ask someone at the counter.
The following hardware and software will be at the August 5, 2011 Portland metropolitan area Commodore Users Group and Computer Club meeting:
- VIC-20 Mega-Cart: The ultimate cartridge for your Commodore VIC 20
- Gold label Commodore VIC-20 computer
- Restored CBM PET 8032 computer
- MSD SD-2 Super Disk Drive (22 second verified backups)
- JiffyDOS enabled Commodore 64 computer and 1541 disk drive
- 50+ C64 retro gaming arcade and utility cartridges
- Turbografx-16 console with a nice selection of HuCard games
- TurboExpress (portable TG16) with TurboVision accessory
- C64 Direct-to-TV C64DTV (hardware design by Jeri Ellsworth)
- EasyFlash Cartridge for the Commodore 64
- 100+ floppy disks with various games, programs, and utilities
If you have any Commodore hardware, software, or other retro computing goodness (books, toys, gadgets, etc.) please bring it along. There’s always a lot of room, tables and electrical outlets.
Along with the above retro hardware and vintage classic software, you can also expect to enjoy the following:
- Flyer (formerly Pilot) internet modem and drive emulation demo
- The buy, sell, trade and free tables
- Various member presentations
- Tinker time: hacking, coding, exploring new hardware
- Cleaning of equipment
- Computer repair and service
Commodore Computer Club member Brandon will be showcasing his Flyer (formerly Pilot) device which is a combination internet modem and drive emulation peripheral compatible with the entire line of Commodore 8-bit computers including the PET.
It’s perfectly fine to bring your girlfriend, boyfriend, wife, husband or kids with you to the meeting, so please don’t let that stop you from coming. All are welcome. The more the merrier!
For additional details, what to expect at our meetings, directions, etc, please check out the Commodore Computer Club meetings page.
We look forward to seeing you at the next Commodore Users Group and Computer Club meeting on Friday August 5, 2011. Come to learn, come to share.