Our next Commodore Computer Club meeting will be Friday, December 2, 2011 from 6:00 pm PST until 12:00 am PST.
Typically our Commodore friends, C64 club members and guests from the Portland, Oregon and surrounding areas show up between 6:30 pm – 7:00 pm PST.
Our monthly Commodore Users Group and Computer Club meetings take place at Pied Piper Pizza in Vancouver, WA which is about a 30 minute drive from downtown PDX – Portland, OR:
Pied Piper Pizza – 12300 NE Fourth Plain Rd. – Vancouver, WA 98682 – Get directions
Once inside Pied Piper Pizza, head straight back past the dart boards to the private banquet room #4. Look for Commodore and other retro computers. Remember this is the first meeting in the new larger room which is across the hall from previous meetings in room #3.
Please note: As of this meeting (December 2, 2011) we no longer have the back alley door to use, but we do have a side door for easy access from the parking lot for loading and unloading. Come into the new meeting room first to see where this door is to know where to park, etc.
The following hardware and software is confirmed for the December 2, 2011 PDX Commodore Users Group and Computer Club meeting:
- Commodore Flyer Internet Modem + Disk Drive Emulator
- Commodore 64 computer and 1541 disk drive (both with JiffyDOS)
- SX-64 (Executive 64) portable computer
- MSD SD-2 Super Disk Drive (22 second verified backups)
- 50+ C64 retro gaming arcade and utility cartridges
- 100’s of C64 floppy disks (games, programs, and utilities)
- Amiga 500 with box of Amiga floppy disk software
- VIC-20 computer with Mega-Cart: The ultimate cartridge for your VIC 20
- Multiple Multiple EasyFlash Cartridges for the Commodore 64
- Additional Commodore and vintage computers, game consoles, etc.
If you have any Commodore hardware, software, or other classic computing goodness kindly bring it along because we’ve got plenty of room, tables and electrical outlets.
You can also expect the following for your enjoyment:
- You’ll be able to purchase Flyer (Internet Modem + Disk Drive Emulator)
- Awesome conversations, good friends and a lot social geekery
- The “Wives Club” (board games, cards, wine, etc.)
- Buy, sell, trade and free tables (Commodore Marketplace)
- Multiple club member presentations
- Tinker time: hacking, coding, exploring new hardware
- Pied Piper Pizza food, beverages and salad bar
To find out more about our meetings, get directions, etc, please check out the Commodore Computer Club meetings page.
As always it’s perfectly fine to bring your husband, wife, girlfriend, boyfriend or kids with you to the upcoming meeting. All are welcome. The more the merrier!
We look forward to seeing you at the next Commodore Users Group and Computer Club meeting on Friday December 2, 2011. Come to learn, come to share.