Heads up, the next Commodore Computer Club meeting will be Friday, September 2, 2011 from 6:00 pm PST until 12:00 am PST.
Typically club members, computer enthusiasts, hackers, friends and guests from the Portland metro area show up between 6:30 pm – 7:00 pm PST.
Our monthly Commodore club meetings take place at Pied Piper Pizza in Vancouver, WA which is about a 30 minute drive from downtown PDX – Portland, Oregon:
Pied Piper Pizza – 12300 NE Fourth Plain Rd. – Vancouver, WA 98682 – Get directions
Once inside Pied Piper Pizza, head straight back past the dart boards to the private banquet room #3. Look for Commodore computers. If you can’t find it, ask someone at the counter.
The following software and hardware will be at the September 2, 2011 Portland metropolitan area Commodore Users Group and Computer Club meeting:
- EasyFlash Cartridge for the Commodore 64
- 100+ floppy disks with various games, programs, and utilities
- VIC-20 Mega-Cart: The ultimate cartridge for your Commodore VIC 20
- Commodore VIC-20 computer (gold badge)
- MSD SD-2 Super Disk Drive (22 second verified backups)
- JiffyDOS enabled Commodore 64 computer and 1541 disk drive
- 50+ C64 retro gaming arcade and utility cartridges
- C64 Direct-to-TV C64DTV (hardware design by Jeri Ellsworth)
- Other retro systems and game consoles
If you have any Commodore hardware, software, or other retro computing goodness (books, toys, gadgets, etc.) please bring it along. There’s always a lot of room, tables and electrical outlets.
Along with the above retro classic software and vintage hardware, you can also expect to enjoy the following:
- Raffle with awesome prizes
- The buy, sell, trade and free tables
- Various club member presentations
- Tinker time: hacking, coding, exploring new hardware
- Computer repair and service
- Show and Tell (awesome geeky stuff)
It’s perfectly fine to bring your girlfriend, boyfriend, wife, husband or kids with you to the meeting, so please don’t let that stop you from coming. All are welcome. The more the merrier!
For additional details, what to expect at our meetings, directions, etc, please check out the Commodore Computer Club meetings page.
We look forward to seeing you at the next Commodore Users Group and Computer Club meeting on Friday September 2, 2011. Come to learn, come to share.
If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to our full RSS feed.